MapInfo Pro is extremely flexible and can be easily integrated with your current IT systems. It is also extremely user-friendly so you don’t need to be an IT expert to use it.
The 64-bit version of MapInfo Pro has an all new ribbon based user interface which makes everyday tasks easier to learn and do than ever before. You can Right-click in your Map windows to use the new mini-toolbars for quick access to common functions.
The 32-bit MapInfo followed the environment and controls that users knew from previous releases. The last 32-bit MapInfo Pro was version 15.0. Both 32/64 bit versions can be fully operated even on a single PC.
However, the 32-bit version is no longer being developed at the moment and there should be no obstacles to upgrading to the 64-bit version after the release of MapInfo Pro v2019.
If you are still using the 32-bit version, please read the brief information on upgrading to the 64-bit version below on this page (Related Links> Downloads).
The current version of MapInfo Pro is v2019 (64-bit only).
MapInfo Pro v2019 brings users new capabilities in the field of SQL querying, generating hotspot map outputs and adds some missing elements when creating outputs using Layout window. Through MapInfo Marketplace, it provides users with access to a wide range of add-on applications too.Info about version 2019
MapInfo Pro™ Advanced builds on MapInfo Pro™ introducing a highly performant raster grid analysis solution, featuring an innovative grid data format called Multi-Resolution Raster (MRR). It enables the super-fast processing, visualization and analysis of high resolution grid and image data; providing a step change in performance and usability even when working at a continental or global scale.More information
MapInfo Pro has a broad functionality, specially in data analysis, editing, data access and output creation.
OS Windows 7: Procesor Intel Pentium 1,8Ghz, 2GB RAM, 2GB disc space.
OS Windows 8: Procesor Intel Core 2 duo, AMD Athlon X2 nebo lepší, 4GB RAM, 25GB disc space.
OS Windows 10: Procesor Intel Core 2 duo, AMD Athlon X2 nebo lepší, 4GB RAM, 25GB disc space.
OS Windows 2012/2019 Server: Procesor 3.1 GHz nebo rychlejší vícejádrový, 8GB RAM, 50GB disc space.
MapInfo Viewer is a free application that allows users to work with workspaces that have been prepared using the full version of MapInfo Pro. To install MapInfo Viewer, you must sign up for a free account with Pitney Bowes. Previous versions of this application were stand-alone applications with a different user interface. The new version (since version 17.0.2) is now based on the same program code as MapInfo Pro, so the user interface is the same. User can also save maps to PDF or images, open the same file types as the full version and the Layer Control is also available.
1. To run MapInfo Pro Viewer, the user must have a Pitney Bowes account. This can be done in the application on the tab "PRO"> option "Services" or on the link HERE
2. MapInfo Viewer allows you to open and view the MapInfo workspaces (.WOR) and individual layers in MapInfo (.TAB) format.
3. Selected analytical functions such as querying data, selections, viewing attribute data (Browser) and turning layers on and off are allowed. It is possible to print and export maps and reports to PDF and there are limited options for editing text in a report before printing.
4. It is possible to display two different map views side by side and synchronize the movement in both windows.
5. You can easily (Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V) copy your tabular data into MS Excel.
6. User has the possibility to use 3 types of base map (Geomap). Using Bing base maps and Bing search is only allowed in MapInfo Viewer if the user has a Bing key and apply it in the Licensing section.
MapInfo Viewer restrictions:
- Editing functions or saving changes to the .WOR workspaces are not allowed.
- Running and using add-on applications is not allowed in MapInfo Viewer.
Customer Experience Program - Pitney Bowes program introduced since version 17 that strictly anonymously monitors user activity. This information is used to identify the most commonly used features and areas for product improvement. In the case of MapInfo Viewer, the user cannot reject/disable this program, while the full version of MapInfo Pro gives the user the option to disable the Customer Experience Program on the PRO> Options> Application Preferences tab.
Knowledge Community connects everyone with specialists across Pitney Bowes organization to encourage the exchange of ideas, information and to ask product-related questions.Knowledge Community
MapInfo has its own YouTube Channel, where you can find dozens of recordings. There are recordings of user conferences, tutorials and much more.YouTube channel
Developer Community publishes useful add-on applications for MapInfo Pro. You can download the final application or its source code to get inspiration for creating you own custom application.Tools
If you are interested in MapInfo Pro and want to try it, you can download 30-day Trial. Trial version has all the functionality and features as a standard installation.Trial version 64-bit Trial version 32-bit